Federal Savings Bank was established in 1890 and still offers personal service, competitive rates, and a wide array of investment options for individuals and businesses. We credit our success, in part, to our commitment to our customers, employees, and the communities we serve. Our colleagues work in an environment where teamwork, creativity and initiative is encouraged and rewarded. We offer competitive salaries, ongoing training opportunities as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply at any of our branches or complete this application and submit with your cover letter and resume to:
Federal Savings Bank
PO Box 1099
Dover, NH 03821
Attn: Human Resources
Email: Kristen Collins
Federal Savings Bank is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
"EEO is the Law" "EEO es la Ley"
(click for details)
This position is responsible for providing support to the Human Resources (HR) Director and assisting with the Bank’s personnel functions. Ensures professional, courteous, and efficient service is given to employees and customers at all times.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures, administers various human resources plans and prepares and maintains the employee handbook and policies.
- Responsible for the transmission and preparation of payroll ensuring accuracy and logging and reconciling time accruals on a weekly basis.
- Meet with all new hires on their first day of employment, establishing a personnel folder and enrollment in the payroll system. Submit pertinent paperwork to the benefits administrator and organize/maintain personnel files. Performs benefits administration to include change reporting and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Prepare and update comprehensive employee benefits packages for new employee orientations and keep supervisors informed of reviews to be completed after introductory period.
- Post all job openings and communicate with headhunters as necessary. The use of a headhunter service will be approved by the HR Director only.
- Conduct all first interviews alongside the appropriate supervisor. Discuss all potential candidates or rejections to the HR Director and in the case of a rejection, send a letter to the candidate. Assists with conducting appropriate credit and background checks. Assists in determining staffing needs.
- Communicate all education programs to the staff as appropriate. Once the education programs have been approved by the HR Director, the HR Generalist will be required to distribute all necessary application paperwork.
- Upon employee termination, remove the employee from the payroll system and remove the personnel file from the active employee section. Complete and retain all proper checklists.
- Distribute documentation to the staff as appropriate including; Annual Acknowledgement forms for the Personnel Handbook, Code of Ethics, Pertinent Disclosures, etc.
- Responsible for completing all FMLA paperwork for applicable employees.
- Coordinate all proper job grading material to the appropriate supervisors. Provide results to the HR Director.
- Responsible for establishing a committee and organizing the annual employee summer outing. The HR Generalist is responsible for communicating the recommendations of the committee to the HR Director for approval. The HR Director will approve the budget.
- Organize the annual strategic planning meeting with Management and the Board of Directors and the annual employee meeting. The HR Director will assist as necessary.
- Maintain and update written position descriptions as appropriate to stay in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Assist in administering the compensation program and help monitor performance evaluation program and revisions as necessary.
- Provide pertinent information to the HR Director on salaries and measurement periods for the Affordable Health Care Act, keeping this information current.
- Responsible for Affirmative Action including but not limited to, compiling information on applicable applicants, maintaining accurate records on the information received from applicants, and notifying the appropriate agencies on postings. Also responsible for organizing and submitting reports to the appropriate Affirmative Action agency, every six months.
- Prepare and reconcile the weekly 401K contributions and loan reports and responsible for the weekly transmission to the 401K administrator.
- Responsible for administering all annual performance reviews to managers or department heads, and reviewing drafts or discussing changes, with oversight from the HR Director. Responsible for completing all salary reviews sheets. Responsible to present all final performance reviews and salary review sheets to the HR Director, prior to approval.
- Ensure Quality Customer Service standards are consistently achieved.
- Comply with all applicable Federal and State labor/wage laws and employment regulations as well as Bank policies and procedures.
- Represent the Bank through active participation in community organizations and events.
- Actively participate in industry trade group meetings and education programs to remain abreast of current issues and requirements affecting the Bank operations and job performance.
- Experience in banking is preferred by not required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of payroll experience with precision.
- Minimum 3-5 years of Human Resources compliance and benefits experience.
- Must have compliance experience with DOL regulations.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in administrative and secretarial duties.
- Must possess a high degree of confidentiality and exercise caution with privileged information.
- Must be extremely detailed oriented and possess excellent customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with various software programs.
- Must be able to adjust well to change and exhibit a positive attitude.
Retail Loan Officer
This position is responsible for originating residential mortgage loans with a primary focus on a specific geographic territory, performing the duties of a Retail Loan Officer to include;
- Meet with and counsel existing and prospective mortgage loan customers, at the time and place of their convenience.
- Meet or exceed established individual origination volume requirements annually, according to business plan requirements and metrics.
- Respond in a professional manner to questions regarding rates, policies and practices of the Bank relative to mortgage lending.
- Follow each loan through to the closing, working with the customer, real estate broker, loan processor and/or attorneys as necessary.
- Refer problems or unusual situations to management for resolution.
- Comply with all Bank and department policies and procedures and all applicable Federal, State and Secondary Market regulations.
- Establish and maintain contact with real estate professionals, accountants, financial advisors and attorneys within a defined geographic territory through direct calls, and real estate networking events, presenting yourself in a professional manner.
- Responsible for remaining abreast of all regulatory issues effecting mortgage loans and initiate the appropriate changes in policy/procedures.
- Inform business contacts of any new lending programs and inquire about the credit needs or concerns of individuals in the community with the objective of enhancing the volume of mortgage originations and effectively meeting the credit needs of the community.
- Represent the Bank through active participation in community organizations and events.
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in business or finance and/or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years of residential mortgage origination experience.
- A thorough understanding of Secondary Market guidelines is required.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with various software programs including Word and Excel.
There is a position open for a Branch Manager in our Portsmouth office. This position is responsible for; the daily management of the branch, the development of new business and for new loan origination. This person is responsible for making sure that all levels of customer service is maintained; will conduct and review annual staff performance appraisals and salary reviews and recommend personnel action as appropriate. Regularly conduct branch staff meetings for information and training purposes and analyzes branch activity and prepare management reports as required. Interact with customers as necessary to facilitate customer service or problem resolution. Assist with more complex loan and deposit transactions. Responsible to conduct business development calls with local individuals and businesses to sell new deposit and loan accounts, according to sales program guidelines. Meet or exceed established goals for branch business development. Open and close the branch in accordance with established procedures. Oversee branch cash ordering and branch cash records; sign official bank checks; maintain branch records of signatory authorities, key and combination access, etc. Monitor market trends relating to competition, banking products, deposit rates, advertising programs, business hours, etc. in the market area. Report to the Branch Administrator on market trends and make recommendations as appropriate. Responsible for complying with all federal regulations and bank policies.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is desired. Three to five years of progressive experience in banking, including staff management and business development.
- Experience in loan origination is helpful. Must be in current position for a minimum of six months.
- This position requires working Saturday hours, the ability to lift cash boxes and currency/coin bags of approximately 30 pounds, ability to work efficiently and communicate effectively with colleagues, and proficiency in Word and Excel.