Federal Savings Bank is pleased to introduce Simple Switch.
We understand that switching an account can seem complicated, so we’ve created “Simple Switch” to make the process of switching your account(s) from another institution to Federal Savings Bank easier. We invite you to click here to download the forms listed below. Then complete them and bring them with you when you meet with a customer service representative at any one of our five convenient branch locations. No appointment necessary.
- Personal profile form*
- Required documentation checklist*
- Transfer of automatic withdrawal
- Transfer of third party (debit card) withdrawal
- Internet banking/online bill-pay application
Please note that all asterisked (*) forms are required.
Easy Steps to Close an Account
Sure, direct deposits and scheduled automatic payments make switching banks complicated. But you can take steps to make the transition smooth and painless.
1) Open a new account (hopefully at Federal Savings Bank)
2) Make a list of your direct deposits and automatic withdrawals and contact each provider to find out what you need to do to transfer the payment and how long it will take the change to take effect.
3) Repeat Step 2 for all your automatic withdrawals – just make sure no debits occur before your direct deposits take effect!
4) Print out records and download and save your statements.
5) Once you are certain that all checks have cleared the old account, you are now ready to close it. Either visit a branch of the bank or call to see if you can close the account over the phone.
6) Be sure to get a letter confirming that the account was closed.